Sources for Referral

We accept referrals from many different areas:

  • Mental Health Agencies
  • Medical Professionals
  • Psychologists
  • Counselors
  • Social Workers
  • School Personnel
  • Courts, Lawyers, and Law Guardians
  • Concerned Parents or Caregivers
  • Self-referral

Referral Letters

CPH is happy to assist with referral letters for HRT, surgery, etc. However, we must receive records indicating prior diagnosis and/or treatment. Our Center therapists are members of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) and have been educated to follow the Standards of Care (SOC), 8th edition. In order to be accepted as a patient and receive assistance with a referral letter, we require a letter from the person who formally diagnosed you with Gender Dysphoria in Adults, DSM-5 (302.85). This letter must outline the diagnosis including: 

  • Any assessments that were administered to determine diagnosis
  • Treatment including any information about any hormone therapy, if applicable
  • Information regarding your progress in therapy, detailed mental health and personal histories as well as comorbidities. This must include how long you've been seeing the person who diagnosed you, the reason for seeing them, their current diagnosis and recommendations.  
We are unable to assist with a referral letter until these documents are provided. Please fax all records and letters to: 716-322-6501 (Atten: INTAKE).
If there is no supporting documentation available for the diagnosis then CPH will administer the necessary assessments in order to write a supporting letter for treatment.