If you are feeling uncomfortable about the physical characteristics of your assigned gender, you’re not alone. Especially if you feel a strong identification with another gender, along with the desire to live life as as that gender, you may be experiencing Gender Dysphoria.
CPH provides gender counseling for children, adolescents, adults, and their families. We follow the Standards of Care (SOC) 7th edition, as outlined by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) so you can ensure you’re getting the most informed help in Western New York.
CPH therapists have extensive training in providing gender therapy, assessment, and treatment for children, adolescents, adults, and their families. When you or your child, are struggling with gender identity you need a therapist who understands the complexity of the situation.
Unlike general therapists, a gender specialist will be able to inform you of the benefits and risks of your decisions and will be able to make referrals to reputable resources and physicians. Gender therapists can help a person understand, manage, and minimize dysphoria or other feelings of discomfort related to identity and expression.
What is Gender Counseling?
How can therapy be helpful?
Who are gender therapists?
Services we provide to our patients
- A safe place to explore and talk about your feelings
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Recommendation letters for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and puberty blockers
- Recommendation letters for Gender Affirming Surgeries (GAS)
- Referrals for name and gender marker changes
- FREE Support groups for all patients
- Individual and Family Advocacy
- Education and Support Groups